Friday, May 22, 2009

Field Day '09

Last Wednesday we held our annual track and field day at school. Field Day consist of several different activities and competitions in which students compete against fellow classmates. Activities for this event consist of the following:
  • 50-Yard Dash
  • Sack Race
  • Three-legged Race
  • Basketball Shoot-out
  • Tug-of-war
  • Team Relay Race
Below are some of the highlights from last week's events.

Omar winning the 50 yard dash


Anahi crossing the finish line in the sack race


Valerie and Naomi finishing first, while everyone else stumbles in the three-legged race


My class getting dominated in the tug-of-war


After the the outside activities were over, my class spent sometime practicing our Speed Stacks

Mr. McClung

2 comments:

Little Voices, Little Scholars. said...

Wow! What a fantastic event! When I was young,I was really good at sprintng and I used to come first in 100yards. Do you believe that ? Well that's true but that happened long long time ago.

Mrs She @ PT England School Auckland New Zealand.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr McClung,

My name is katie and I come from Brisbane Australia. I am in grade 5in a 4/5 class. Our class blog is called 4/5R Working Stars. Your Field day sounds great. We have a field day but we call it Sports Day. We have running race, relays, high jump, long jump and heaps more. I am not very good at running but I can do high jump. They say high jumpers have long legs. Come and visit my blog at www.katiesfolio09.blogspot.com I can't wait to read more posts.

From Katie